November 24, 2014
As with years gone by, this will be the best fun you’ll have in December! Tickets will soon be on sale and are $25 in advance, or $30 on the night. There will be complimentary red and white wine, complimentary Stella Artois on tap, a professional DJ and appetizers greeting your entry. We also have a top class location with an exclusive bar and patio area.
Similar to previous years, we will collect an optional small children’s gift for charity for those that feel inclined.
November 4, 2014
Fionn Mac Cumhaill’s Dallas GAA’s 2014 Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Sunday, December 7th from 5 – 7pm at the Holiday Inn Hotel on 75 and Mockingbird (i.e. 6070 N Central Expy., Dallas, TX 75206).
- Minutes of previous Annual General Meeting and Secretary’s Address
- The Chairman’s Address
- Consideration of the Financial Statements
- Election of Officers of the Executive Committee
- This is a closed ballot vote at the AGM. Absentee ballots will not be accepted
- Notices of Motion and Other Business
Member feedback and ideas for club growth, development and improvement will form a large part of this year’s meeting along with the election of the 2015 committee and non-committee positions. The committee sets the direction for the club. All positions are considered open for nominations.
Executive Committee Role Descriptions
- Chairman – The Chairman is the principal officer of a GAA Club. As well as chairing Club Executive Committee and other Club meetings, the Chairman has prime responsibility for ensuring that the Club is a well organized, well managed and an active unit. The Chairman should be dedicated to the job, have good communication skills, have the ability to delegate key tasks and above all, be a person of integrity in the community
- Secretary – The Secretary is the chief administrator in the Club. The duties are many and varied and call for a high degree of dedication. The Secretary has more to do with the practical running of the Club than any other officer. He/she should be a good organiser, be methodical and above all, be reliable. The duties dovetail with those of the Chairman and it is essential that both officers work as a team of which the Secretary will very often be the more active person
- Treasurer – The Club Treasurer has responsibility for the safe-keeping of the funds of the Club. He/she is responsible for recording all income and expenditure and for reporting on the financial position of the Club to the Club Executive Comittee on an on-going basis. It is important to note that the Treasurer does not have to be an accountant to perform this role. However, he/she must have the ability to record all financial transactions, control expenditure in the Club, plan and assist in fundraising and provide regular reports to the Club Executive Committee
- Public Relations Officer (PRO) – The main function of the Club PRO is to communicate with the general public on behalf of the Club, presenting a positive image of the Club and the GAA in the local community and beyond. Therefore, the PRO holds one of the most important officer positions in the Club
- Registrar – The Club Registrar is responsible for ensuring that the Club is up to date in the registration of players and members. Each year, a Club must complete two registrations i.e. the registration of Full and Youth members and the registration of players in accordance with rule 2.2 and 2.3 of the Official GAA Guide
- Development Officer – The goal of this position is to drive the recruitment of new players and members in the DFW area and promote the sport in the local communities. This person will also liaise with all current players and represent any player issues on the executive committee
- Fundraising Officer – The goal of this role is to drive fundraising initiatives such as sponsorship and the need for social fundraising events. This person will work closely with the Treasurer to coordinate budget needs and also the PRO to coordinate fundraising events
- Men’s Team Manager
- Women’s Team Manager
Nominations for Positions
Nominations for 2015 executive committee and non-committee positions for consideration at the club AGM on Sunday, December 7th 2014 at 5pm:
- Must be submitted using the online form
- Must be submitted before 5pm on November, 30th 2014
- Must be made by a fully paid member of the club (either 2014 or 2015 member)
- May only be made on behalf of a fully paid member of the club (either 2014 or 2015 member), i.e. only fully paid members may be nominated
- May only be made with the express permission of the member being nominated
September 24, 2014
Kerry were triumphant last weekend in claiming the 2014 Senior Football Championship title, but the Liam MacCarthy cup is still up for grabs. Come watch Kilkenny and Tipperary battle it out in the 2014 All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Final Replay live at 11am on Saturday, 27th in Trinity Hall
September 18, 2014
The 2014 championship season comes to a close on Sunday, September 21st. Watch the action live from Trinity Hall beginning at 7:15am with the Minor final where Kerry face Donegal, followed by the main event, the 2014 Senior Championship Football Final between Kerry and Donegal at 9:30am